Monday, December 12, 2005

Culture Shock

posted by Michele Sharik

This is my 3rd trip to Japan with Sonos, so I pretty much knew what to expect.

At least, I thought so….

We had a few hours to ourselves before rehearsal on Friday afternoon in Munakata City, so I decided to go for a walk. As I left the hotel and headed down the road, I thought I heard music. Guitar music – loud, distorted guitar music, to be exact, eminating from the garage down the road

As I walked, the music got louder. “This almost sounds familiar,” I thought to myself.

Then it dawned on me.

I was hearing “The Star Spangled Banner” as played by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock!

Yes, I was walking down a road in rural Japan and hearing the US National Anthem played by a very loud, very distorted guitar.

Talk about culture shock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home